This new series presents standard works for Full Orchestra (such as Overtures, Suites and even Symphonies. Each volume comes with a full size (9” X 12”) Solo Flute, Clarinet or Saxophone part and an Audio CD which contains 2 different versions of the work:
- full orchestra version with the solo part (melody
- orchestra version without the solo part (melody)
The Audio CD also contains smp (SmartMusic) files of the Orchestra work.
Available for Flute, Clarinet or Saxophone, with a compatible Duet Book (for two similar instruments) and Piano Accompaniment Book (with Audio CD) - both books sold separately.
The purpose of this series is to:
- better understand or study the orchestra work and its composer
(you can’t get more “inside” a piece than actually playing it)
- perform the work as a Duet or Solo with Piano Accompaniment
- simply experience the fun of actually playing the piece
The Solo part is not merely an Orchestral Excerpts book using the 1st Flute or Clarinet Orchestra part. The Solo book is the melody featured throughout, regardless of the original instrument employed. This often means that in order to maintain “friendly” key signatures, the work is transposed up a semitone from the original.
Orchestra Solos currently available: